Anita


Hello! I'm Anita. I’m a 23 year old graduate who’s always been too scared to push myself out of my comfort zone. That’s why I've signed up as part of team 'Alps, Alps, Baby' to trek 46 km (28 and a half miles!) across the alps in just three days for charity.

I'll be doing this challenge to raise money for The Christie in memory of my Grandad Nev and my Uncle Mike. The money raised will be used to redevelop the radiology department at The Christie and to obtain a new 4D CT scanner which will provide clearer imaging and pioneering surgeries.

I signed up to this trek because I wanted to push myself both mentally and physically. I’ve never done anything like this before, so I have no idea of what to expect. This is a huge challenge for me; one that I wouldn't have dreamed of doing a few years ago. Thankfully I'll be trekking the alps alongside some fantastic ladies, Anna and Naomi.

I'm excited and nervous for this challenge. We've got a big target to hit, but we're confident we can do it! To donate, you can visit my just giving page, but the donations go to the whole group.










Comments

Popular posts